Oil Pollution Management Project for the Southwest Mediterranean Sea
The project aims to:
- reduce the input of hydrocarbons into the international waters of the Mediterranean;
- ensure commonality of approach, regulatory policies, and methodologies;
- promote exchange of information and coordination of implementation;
- utilize national data sets to assess long term regional trends in marine pollution, both for national coastal waters and for adjacent international waters;
- enhance the national monitoring capability; and
- develop a coastal environmental management framework.
The project is closed and the Implementation Completion Reports (for all 3 countries) was completed on June 30, 2000.
Mediterranean Sea (LME)
Other (not set)
No items found...
||closed (Project Closure)
||06 Apr 1994
||30 Jun 2000
|GEF Allocation to project
|Total Cost of the project: